Friday, December 12, 2008

Wello


Here's my latest creation. A quaint little building I discovered on a visit to Wellington NZ a few years back. It's now a cafe/restaurant/bar called the Concrete Bar. Located on Cable Car Lane in the business district (just off Lambton Quay), the narrow building acts as an edge to an interesting little laneway.

This is a 4-layer stencil depicting a detailed view of the facade of the building itself. Obviously neo-classical, I particularly enjoyed its obvious classical proportions and features. Whilst I'm not a huge fan of classical architecture per se, I totally respect it for the place and power it holds in history. I was quite impressed with the sheer amount of neo-classical the designer of this building managed to squeeze into a building that's less than 5 metres wide!

This is my first true multi-layer stencil attempt on canvas and I plan to do this in another colour soon, quite possibly something a little paler... hmmm.. maybe a burnt orange.

Time taken to cut stencil:
10 hours (approx.)

No comments:

Post a Comment