So I've dropped out of my original blogsite, mainly because it really sucked and is extremely unstable. So let's start with some introductions... My name is urban.i.stika and I am a recovering urbanite... Haha, just kidding.
My main line of work lies in academia, I am a university lecturer in Architecture. But I guess I am here because I need an outlet. That is, I suppose why 99% of all bloggers are here. You see, my main love is the 'city', any city really... just as long as it's urban and has a centre. But more importantly I love to depict the city in paintings. My choice of style is stencil art, inspired by an old friend who is a well-known (and excellent) street artist. While I don't post in the city, I do highly admire and respect these so-called 'vandals' who decorate our cities in such an imaginative and creative way. In my view, if it adds to the rich texture of complexity and demonstrates how the city evolves, then it's really an art form and should be embraced.
So back to me, I don't get to practice my art very often as I have a schedule from hell trying to juggle work. But when I do get to work on it, I do it with care and am on that ultimate pursuit for the perfect image. One day I'll get there (hopefully), or at least end up with a handy collection of half-decent canvasses.
I hope this blog will serve me well and I will try to do it justice, i.e. get off my arse and write in it every so often. And for those of you out there in the great ether of blog-land, I hope you enjoy the craziness. I will be back later to post some images of work thus far.
u
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment